Difference between revisions of "EDuke32 Wii"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''EDuke32 Wii''' (
'''EDuke32 Wii''' (WiiDuke32) is a Wii port of [[Duke Nukem 3D]] using [[EDuke32]]. For more information about the Wii port specifically and Wii homebrew in general, see [http://wiibrew.org/wiki/EDuke32_Wii WiiBrew].
Revision as of 12:34, 3 June 2012
SDL Wii and libaesnd
As part of his porting, tueidj made a few custom modifications to SDL Wii and libaesnd. The source and compiled libraries of SDL Wii (incorporating the modified libaesnd) can be found here: http://hendricks266.duke4.net/files/eduke32-wii-sdl-wii-mod-2-with-aesnd.7z
To install the compiled libraries into the devkitPPC folder, type
The modified libaesnd itself is necessary if you plan to compile your own SDL Wii. The patch, the patched source, and the compiled library and include header file can all be found here: http://hendricks266.duke4.net/files/eduke32-wii-libaesnd-mod.7z
These instructions require Windows or WINE.
- Set up Building EDuke32 on Windows using MinGW.
- Download and install devkitPPC.
- Download the modified SDL Wii, including libaesnd. If you want to compile it yourself, at the devkitPro shell, type
make. Either way, type
make installto copy the libraries to the devkitPPC library location.
- Run wiibuild.bat.
Gets the disassembly interspersed with line numbers:
powerpc-eabi-objdump -d -l boot.elf > eduke32.ppcasm
Gets the addresses of various data in the executable:
powerpc-eabi-nm -l boot.elf |sort > symbols.nm
- Controls: Basic motion controls could be tapped, and GameCube controller support needs to be added.
- Compile libogg, libvorbis, and libvpx.
Maintenance / Development: Hendricks266