Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of problems in the Polymer renderer that need to be fixed. Plagman is master of everything Polymer.
- certain major optimizations remain to be done
- The sole issue is lack of time.
- Plagman knows exactly what needs to be done.
- implement new sky support; would solve:
- limited to one skybox
- level geometry is displayed through skyboxes when it should not
- showview command does not work
- changing skies at runtime
- no voxel support
- no support for glblend def tokens
- the artmapping shader conflicts with filtering, normal/specular mapping, and some tint effects
- doesn't save known good geometry in savegames for use as a fallback when map effects become corrupt, revealing errors that otherwise would be avoided
- not hooked up to TX's Sector Effector-based ROR (which remains useful for retrofitting existing maps)
- polymer does not modify roll when transforming HUD models during changes to rotscrnang (per polymost).
- ATI cards cast no shadows with any spotlights.
- Better sprite/model sector tracking; would solve:
- Models disappearing from view
- Lights affecting sprites through walls
- Translucent/masked-out texels of sprites draw incorrectly in front of translucent TROR boundaries (may be multiple issues)
- Non-hightile, lighting enabled: in trueror1.map, shoot with the chaingun at the TROR water. The water will not show where the splash texture has masked-out texels. Bug disappears with lighting disabled.
- Mapster32: sector visibility doesn't get updated on the walls, may have in-game implications. http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1348-mapster32-problems-and-bugs/page__view__findpost__p__161649
- Both Polymodes: the drawing order between sprites and masked walls can be incorrect on occasion. This is only noticeable with translucent walls, since otherwise depth testing makes the scene appear to be drawn correctly. http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5340-bug-with-masked-walls/page__view__findpost__p__156015