Staying in sync in multiplayer game
Unsynchronized events are not synchronized in multiplayer game as they are usually triggered only a local computer so the CON code doesn't have to work the same way on different computers. These events usually are display related or have effect only on the current computer.
Synchronized events always triggered on all computers at the same time and at the same conditions. These events triggers on specific ingame situations.
DO and DON'Ts:
1. Do use randvar,randvarvar, ifrnd in synchronized events.
2. Do use displayrand, displayrandvar, displayrandvarvar in unsynchronized events.
3. Do not use randvar,randvarvar, ifrnd in unsynchronized events.
4. Do not use displayrand, displayrandvar, displayrandvarvar in synchronized events.
5. Do not collect information in unsynchronized events that later might be used in synchronized events or actors.
6. Do not use local vars(like user options) in synchronized events. The compiler will warn you about this(note: it won't if a local var is in a state).
7. Do not use gameplay related commands in unsynchronized events. The compiler will warn you about this(note: it won't if a local var is in a state).