Star Trek Doors
NOTE: Much of information on this page is from around 1999. Some may be outdated, and some may be incorrect -- this page exists to get you started with the Level Editing and may not currently cover some of the additional features available in Mapster32.
Sliding Star Trek Doors
Map Name: ADVANCED.MAP (ROOM 1-A)
Sliding Star Trek doors are difficult to make, but they are a cool addition to most any level. Because this type of door is so complex to make, a step by step construction has been placed in the tutorial map. Take a look at it to see what to do, and even copy the sectors if you want.
- NOTE 1: The texture of the door will be "squished" when the door is opened. There is no way around this problem.
- NOTE 2: The door sound will sound twice for some reason. Again, there is no way around this problem.
Splitting Star Trek Doors
Map Name: ADVANCED.MAP (ROOM 1-B)
This is a more complex version of the sliding star trek door, and it is by far one of the coolest doors in the game.
- STEP 1: Create a sliding star trek door.
- STEP 2: Raise the floor of this door about halfway up, and lower the ceiling about halfway down (the ceiling and floor should meet in the middle of the door).
- STEP 3: Change the door sector lotag value from 9 to a value of 26. You're all done! Take a look at the tutorial example if you don't quite understand.