Installation and configuration
- Download EDuke32 and extract it to a new folder.
- The next step is to provide EDuke32 with the game data.
- If you bought the game from Steam (as Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition) or GOG.com, copying the data yourself is not required. EDuke32 will use the Windows registry to automatically identify your installation and add the required data to its search path.
- Otherwise, copy the files DUKE3D.GRP and DUKE.RTS from one of the following locations to the folder created in step 1. (On Windows, the GRP file may show up as a "Microsoft Program Group".)
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour on Steam: <path to Steam Library>\SteamApps\common\Duke Nukem 3D Twentieth Anniversary World Tour.
- Duke Nukem 3D (3D Realms Anthology) on Steam: <path to Steam Library>\SteamApps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\Duke Nukem 3D.
- Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition on Steam: <path to Steam Library>\SteamApps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot\classic.
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition on GOG.com: <Program Files>\GOG.com\Duke Nukem 3D
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition CD-ROM: <CD root>\ATOMINST
- Duke Nukem 3D CD-ROM: <CD root>\DN3DINST
- If you have not purchased the game, the shareware demo is also supported.
- Optionally, see the HRP site which lists graphical and music update packs, including the High Resolution Pack.
- Run EDuke32! EDuke32 (eduke32.exe) will allow you to play the game, and Mapster32 (mapster32.exe) lets you create custom maps.
- If you have trouble, see Troubleshooting EDuke32.
- To run any of Duke Nukem 3D's various add-ons, like Duke It Out in DC, Life's a Beach, Nuclear Winter, etc, refer to Installation Guide for Official Add-ons after following steps 1 through 3.
- Download EDuke32 and copy it your Applications folder.
- Copy game data to proper folder. EDuke32 expects game data files to be in the folder: <your home folder>/.eduke32
- Create game data folder ~/.eduke32
- Copy your games files: DUKE3D.GRP and DUKE.RTS into ~/.eduke32 folder
- Run EDuke32 from the application folder.
- To bypass GateKeeper Unidentified Developer error on MacOS Sierra:
- Right-Click the EDuke32 program
- Click Open
- Click Open on unidentified developer warning dialog
In Game Settings Menus
EDuke32 has several configuration menus full of options which allow you to adjust many aspects of the game to your preference. The following pages will explain the various sub-menus and the settings you will find within them when you select options from the game's main menu.