As part of his porting, tueidj made a few custom modifications to SDL Wii and libaesnd. The source and compiled libraries of SDL Wii (incorporating the modified libaesnd) are available on Dukeworld.
To install the compiled libraries into the devkitPPC folder, type
The modified libaesnd itself is necessary if you plan to compile your own SDL Wii. The patch, the patched source, and the compiled library and include header file can all be found on Dukeworld.
These instructions require Windows or WINE.
- Set up Building EDuke32 on Windows using MinGW.
- Download and install devkitPPC.
- Download the modified SDL Wii, including libaesnd. If you want to compile it yourself, at the devkitPro shell, type
make. Either way, type
make installto copy the libraries to the devkitPPC library location.
- Run wiibuild.bat.
Gets the disassembly interspersed with line numbers:
powerpc-eabi-objdump -d -l boot.elf > eduke32.ppcasm
Gets the addresses of various data in the executable:
powerpc-eabi-nm -l boot.elf |sort > symbols.nm
- GameCube controller support needs to be added.
- Proper pointer-based aiming remains to be done.
- Basic motion controls could be tapped.
- Compile libFLAC and libvpx.
Maintenance / Development: Hendricks266