Suggestions for the future
This page is intended to provide a list of EDuke32 (not Mapster32) suggestions of features that are moderately or highly complex and thus are not expected to be implemented immediately. Feel free to edit this list, but keep the following format: A leading line with a short description, and a link to a post at the Duke4.net forums.
- Cutscene support - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/2961-paper-cuts-minor-bugs-and-annoyances/page__view__findpost__p__152896
- Access to engine-side tables (e.g. base palette, translucency) - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/775-eduke32-20-and-polymer/page__view__findpost__p__152969
- Expose draw-to-tile functionality - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/2961-paper-cuts-minor-bugs-and-annoyances/page__view__findpost__p__153680
- Creating a palette / lookup table after an image file, similar to tilefromtexture
- A starttrack-style command that can stop a track, or play the title screen or briefing tracks.
- EVENT_CHEAT that returns the ID of an entered cheat.
- "features that enabled scanning of a folder on startup and then adding the maps therein to game volumes" - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1942-duke-nukem-war-of-attrition/page__view__findpost__p__175140
- "Distorted" skies / other parallax modes in GL renders? - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/6369-duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition/page__view__findpost__p__153068
- Per-sprite billboarding control - http://forums.duke4.net/topic/775-eduke32-20-and-polymer/page__view__findpost__p__159452
- Support to programmatically compose loaded tiles to new ones? -- http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5262-resources-community-stockpile/page__view__findpost__p__163743